[MenTeach: Breakthrough Collaborative is an innovative program that we have worked with over the last few years. It is a fantastic summer (and year round) mentorship program that hires high school and college students to work with middle school children. Many young men get their start in teaching from this program. If you want to find a Breakthrough Collaborative in your cit or state go to the national website – Breakthrough Collaborative.]
Breakthrough Saint Paul is looking for a diverse group of talented older high school and undergraduate students to teach at an innovative academic summer program for high-potential, under-resourced middle school students in Saint Paul. Breakthrough provides paid summer teaching internships, complete with training and classroom teaching experience.
This internship was ranked as one of the TOP TEN INTERNSHIPS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS by the Princeton Review.
Breakthrough Saint Paul offers:
- An opportunity to teach your passion. Create and teach your own courses with the support of an experienced mentor teacher.
- Training in lesson planning, classroom management, and student-centered teaching.
- A chance to work with a fun, cohesive, diverse faculty comprised of other amazing students from around the country.
- An experience that has been rated by “The Princeton Review” as one of the top ten college internships in the nation.
- A limited number of free home stays for out of town teachers.
- Stipend of $2500 for two months of full-time work, June 9 – August 8.
- Optional AmeriCorps Education Award of $1,000 toward tuition and student loans.