Many children will never encounter a male employee in their early years of care and education. Does it matter? Asker municipality in Norway has labored for many years to increase the number of men in childcare. It is our belief that children should be entitled to meet both men and women as teachers and caregivers.
To this end, we will be hosting an international conference in Asker 21-22 october.
– To raise awareness of gender issues in early childhood care and education. – To challenge misconceptions and prejudices concerning men in childcare. – To provide knowledge and contacts for people and organizations working towards a better gender balance in childcare and learning institutions. Issues:
– Boys and girs, are there genuine differences? If so, how do we address this?
– What is happening across Europe?
– The elephant in the room. Accusations of child abuse, suspicions, prejudice and facts.
– Fighting windmills or changing society? Increasing the number of men in childcare has been a priority for many years. What are the results?
Location: Asker, Norway
For more information visit our web-page http://meninchildcare.no/ or follow us on https://www.facebook.com/nomansland2015 We will also be happy to answer any questions you have if you contact us by mail.
Men In Childcare – coordinator
+47 92 04 65 49