Home › Forum › Dissertations & Researchers › Survey and questionnaire – Part 2
- This topic is empty.
November 21, 2010 at 5:38 am #7938ujamaaMember
Here is the rest of my survey. Thank you.
10. HOW IMPORTANT IS YOUR IMAGE TO YOUR CHILDREN?
a. my image can reinforce my children’s education
b. that image helps cretae respect in the classroom
c. it helps me to bond with my students
d. it shows my children that males are just as capable as females in the classroom
e. do not know
11. WHICH IMAGE DO YOU THINK REPRESENTS YOU?
c. big brother
d. image doesn’t matter, you just have to care
12. WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR PARENTS’S ROLE IN YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE?
a. they support me in my endeavors
b. parents support their children
c. parents have no effect on my teaching
d. they form a partnership and they create a comparative for the role model figure in the lives of students
13. DOES YOUR AFFECT YOUR ROLE AS A CHILD EDUCATOR?
a. it is not an issue
b. there are certain trust issues around being male in the field
c. students don’t care what gender they are,so it shouldn’t matter to them
d. communication is sometimes strained because of gender
14. ARE YOU A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL?
15. ARE THERE MORE ADVANTAGES FOR WOMEN IN THIS FIELD?
16. WHAT IS THE GREATEST ADVANTAGE TO BEING AMALE TEACHER?
a. self satisfaction I find in my career
b. my students’ appraisal
c. being the best teacher that I can be
d. gender has nothing to do with it
e. it provides me with self pride
f. helping children is the most rewarding thing
17. WHAT IS THE GREATEST DISADVANTAGE TO BEING A MALE TEACHER?
a. the students’ reactions
b. the other teacher’s reactions
c. the parents’ reactions
d. the administrations reactions
18. WHAT REASONS WOULD CAUSE YOU TO LEAVE THE E.C.E. PROFESSION?
a. low pay
b. dealing with the suspicions from being a male
19.WHO ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT TO WIN OVER?
20.ARE YOU TREATED ANY DIFFERENTLY BECAUSE YOU ARE MALE?
a. they show males more respect
b. they show females more respect
c. sometimes the students are frightened of male teachers
d.kids think they can get away with more from male teachers.
21. ARE YOU UNDER SUSPICION BECAUSE OF YOUR GENDER?
a. I have never have
c. do not know
d. there’s no differnce
22.ARE FEMALE TEACHERS SUPPORTIVE?
23.SHOULD TEACHING RATIOS BE HALF MALE HALF FEMALE?
24. WHAT ARE WOMEN MORE ACCEPTING OF?
a. the salary
b. children’s behavior
c. parents’ behavior
d. the handling of teacher material
e. some of the above
f.none of the above
25. WHY IS THE MOTHERLY IMAGE OF WOMEN IN THIS FIELD IMPORTANT?
a. women are natural caregivers
b. women underrstand children better
c. women are trusting figures
d. the motherly image is not that important
e. children who come from bad homes need a mother figure
26. WHY IS THE FATHERLY IMAGE OF MEN IN THIS FIELD IMPORTANT?
a. boys can relate to amale teacher
b. parents can appreciate help from males
c. they can give positive image
27.WHY IS THE FIELD DOMINATED BY WOMEN?
a. they are historically accepted in this role
b. they have a more caring nature
c. because of the pay
d. they are more interested in the profession
28. WHAT CAN BE DONE TO ENCOURAGE MORE MEN TO ENTER THIS FIELD?
a. offer more money
b. more encouragement from guidance counselors
c. more support in general
d. do not know.
Again gentlemen, thank you so much for your thorough and timely participation in my very detailed and time consuming survey and questionnaire.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.